Friday, April 5, 2013

Sweet condensed milk and ice cream

Yesterday I got busy in the kitchen, as Sheldon was home and could stay with baby Shawn I enjoyed myself and went for cooking.. I know.. why cooking if I could do anything else, like sleep? Well, I actually slept pretty good that night because Mr. cutie woke up just once to eat and I was super happy and proud of him! (It just happened that night lol), so there were so many recipes I wanted to try and it was just impossible with a little baby that wants to be fed all the time!
Since I saw the sweet condensed milk recipe I couldn't stop thinking about it! Its my favorite thing in the world, (as for me and for most Brazilians) but, not so healthy because is full of processed sugar and milk and for a new mommy who is trying to loose weight and be back to the plant based diet is not a good idea! So I tried this new natural recipe I saw in the Internet and it worked, oh yeah! My life has changed and I'm a happy girl!!
I thought would be nice to registry and share on my blog so I would never forget and never loose ;)

Here is the link: Leite condensado

1c of sugar (I use brown)
1/2 c of boiling water
3/4 c of oat flour

In a blender mix for 3 min first the boiling water and the sugar, then add the oat flour and mix for more 2 min, that's it ;)










And the other recipes I made was strawberry ice cream:
2 c coconut milk fat
6 oz frozen strawberries (about 1 1/2 c)
1/3 c honey
In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour ice cream base into ice cube trays and freeze completely. Once the cubes are frozen, place up to one tray’s worth into a food processor (or a high speed blender with a plunger). Process until creamy, serve. I also add frozen bananas, It makes a delicious natural ice cream! 
I'm so lucky I found those, hooray!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment