Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sugar and charm

I'm so excited is not hot here anymore, the sun shines, as always in California, but is chilly and foggy in the morning and a very comfortable weather during the day, this is the California I love!!!! 
So as I'm not melting and sweating like a pig anymore I decided to go back to my kitchen and cook, humm!!! I'm actually helping my darling friends with my baby shower I will have in northern CA, yay!! Since I have to go there anyways to pick up some stuff we got for our baby, and visit grandma of course, my friends decided to throw me a baby shower, I'm SO happy and can't wait to see everybody! I lived in northern CA when I was single and moved to southern because my husband was living in San Diego, but he is actually from Northern Ca, how perfect is that? I got to go anytime I want to visit his mom, my friends and my beautiful American families I spent years together :) 
So I wanted to make some sweets to bring with me, just because is about my baby, hehe! 
Every party in Brazil we have these sweets and let me tell ya, is the best thing eveeeeer (and easy to make)!! I know, I know... this evil sugar, I agree! I never ever have white sugar or white flour in my kitchen but is for something special and we have these babies only when we have a party, so why not?



Beijinho (coconut little kiss)

  • 1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tablespoon of butter, plus more for pan
  • 1/4  flaked coconut, plus more for decorating
  • Whole cloves for decorating

Directions

  • Bring milk and butter to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Continue to cook, stirring often, until the milk has reduced to half and thickened, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the 1/4 cup coconut, and allow to cool a bit before pouring into a buttered bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours.
  • With buttered or oiled hands, form milk mixture into tablespoon-sized balls, and roll in coconut flakes. Stick a clove into each beijinho as decoration.

My favorite!



Brigadeiro (like bonbon)

  • 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

Direction

 In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, butter and condensed milk. Cook, stirring (remember to stir every minute) until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Form into small balls and eat at once or chill until serving. 













You can make a strawberry brigadeiro flavor too! Instead of cocoa power you use 1 box of strawberry jello, that's it ;) 
It looks like this: 


How cute and charming is that?? It taste really good, oh boy!! And I already made all of those, also oreo and coconut cupcakes :) 
And the best part is... you can freeze everything for 3 months, wohoo! 





   
How charming is that??








No comments:

Post a Comment